A31 Farnham Road, Bentley (Speed Restrictions and Temporary Closure of Westbound Off-Slip)
TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURE – A31 FARNHAM ROAD, BENTLEY SPEED RESTRICTIONS AND TEMPORARY CLOSURE OF WESTBOUND OFF-SLIP
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN under Section 14 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 that Hampshire County Council has made an order to allow for works on the highway to be undertaken as follows:
ROAD TO BE RESTRICTED / CLOSED:
- A temporary speed restriction on A31 Farnham Road, Bentley from a point 310 metres north east of its junction with Gravel Hill Road to a point 1300 metres west of that junction, a total distance of 1610 metres, reducing from 60 mph to 50 mph in the first 400 metres and then to 30 mph for the remainder, westbound only.
- A temporary 10mph speed restriction, as signed on site, will be imposed on A31 Farnham Road, Bentley between a point 1300 metres west of its junction with Gravel Hill Road, westbound only, for a distance of 2000 metres, to a point 450 metres from its junction with Isington Lane to allow for convoy working.
- A temporary road closure of the A32 Farnham Road, Bentley westbound off-slip between the A31 and the end of the slip road.
ALTERNATIVE ROUTE: For westbound slip closure – A31 Farnham Road westbound to Holyborne Roundabout; A31 Farnham Road eastbound to A31 Farnham Road eastbound off-slip.
PERIOD OF CLOSURE/RESTRICTION: From 15 October 2012 for a period of 12 months or until completion of the works whichever is sooner. (Notwithstanding the above it is expected that both the closure and speed restrictions will be required for no longer than 7 days.)
Speed restrictions and diversion routes will be signed at the time of closure. Reasonable facilities will be provided to allow access to adjacent premises while the work is being carried out.
If you have any queries regarding the above please contact Hampshire County Council, Highways Department on 0845 603 5633.
STUART JARVIS Director, Economy, Transport & Environment
The Castle, Winchester, SO23 8UD
- A31 Farnham Road, Bentley (Speed Restrictions and Temporary Closure of Westbound Off-Slip) attachment
Highways Department on 0845 603 5633
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org