Structure of the Partnership – Legal
The main forum for decision making within the partnership is the Strategic Board. The Board is constituted as a Joint Committee under the Local Government Act 1972. The functions of the Board are as follows:
- To develop a strategic policy framework.
- To produce and implement the annual Action Plan.
- To discharge, on behalf of the Partner Authorities, their functions in respect of the making of arrangements for the recycling of waste, where such arrangements:
- Affect two or more of the Partner Authorities; and
- Have been authorised by all of the Partner Authorities by being specifically referred to in the Approved Action Plan.
- To influence, advise and lobby government and other agencies.
- To commission and promote research.
- To develop proposals for the future development of Project Integra.
- To develop proposals on how the Partner Authorities can discharge their functions in the field of resource management, promote a recovery economy, improve economic, social and environmental wellbeing in Hampshire and contribute to the achievement of sustainable development.
- To promote opportunities for joint working, collaboration, efficiencies and economies of scale at an operational or management level.