An inspirational, practical and resilient public architecture.
Over 35 years Hampshire County Council’s architects have established a national reputation for high quality public architecture. Our numerous awards speak for themselves – but we are particularly proud of our many plaudits from satisfied clients. Our buildings are practical and resilient, undergoing rigorous technical reviews before construction. It is the school children, visitors and residents who tell us the buildings are a delight to use.
We have the expertise and organisational structure to be able to respond to our clients needs and can offer a be-spoke or responsive range of client, design and programme management services, these increasingly include:
- a critical friend role – for client organisations leading on transformation and change programmes
- vision and strategy – translating client’s aspirations into implementation plans and securing funding strategies
- scoping – detailed feasibility work, undertaking specific visioning and delivery options
- design – design, procurement and implementation of projects and aggregated programmes of work, including early contractor involvement
- implementation – tailored programme management arrangements, including gateways, quality and performance indicators
- soft landing – hand-over, fit-out, move management, facilities & property management and term maintenance
- post occupancy review – assessing service outcomes and benefits realisation
- specialist services – including space planning, graphic design, computer generated imaging, model making, land surveying.
A sustainable approach
We seek to minimise any negative environmental impact of buildings by enhancing efficiency and moderating the use of materials and energy. Our experienced teams have designed many projects exploring sustainable technologies, such as rainwater harvesting and solar energy collectors, and have achieved excellent standards in energy conservation for projects. Our most successful strategies have involved passive design principles where natural light and ventilation are used to moderate the internal climate.
A sense of community
We place our buildings at the heart of a community where they can not only be used by the local neighbourhood but also by the wider population. In our role as land owner we have the opportunity to develop projects that integrate into urban and suburban settings. In this way we can promote the co-location of services and a sense of community cohesion.
Projects and success
Our portfolio encompasses a wide variety of work in the public realm. Our leadership in design, particularly in the education sector, has been recognised with many local, regional and national awards.
We have received awards and recognition for a wide variety of our work, including schools, children’s centres, sixth form and colleges, libraries, discovery centres, arts and cultural centres, civic headquarters, co-location public service projects, police and fire service buildings, extra-care housing, country parks, and museums, heritage buildings and their settings.
Our designs respond to our clients’ needs with intelligence to project brief and vision, context, affordability and sustainability. We exercise attention to detail in the delivery of all our design solutions which we shape around legible strategies and tangible design concepts.
Senior Design Manager
Senior Design Manager