Public, Community & School Transport

Travelling by bus

Buses in Hampshire are operated by several companies. Some are under contract to Hampshire County Council. Contracted services are usually those in the more rural areas, or in towns on evenings and at weekends. Drivers are not normally allowed to leave their seats to assist passengers. However, you can ask the driver not to pull away until you are seated if this would help you.

Don’t forget that concessionary fares are available for older and disabled people to use on the buses. See the section entitled Concessionary Travel for further information.

You may like to use Traveline to plan your journey. Traveline is a public transport information service for all public holiday journeys, including national rail, coach and local bus. To use the service, visit the website or ring 0871 200 22 33. Calls from landlines cost 10p per minute.

You can find details of bus routes and frequencies in Hampshire County Council’s Bus and Train Travel Guides. Alternatively, you can get timetable information from the bus/coach companies operating in Hampshire: