Forton Road and Lees Lane, Gosport
TEMPORARY BAN OF LEFT AND RIGHT TURNS – FORTON ROAD AND LEES LANE, GOSPORT
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN under Section 14 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 that Hampshire County Council proposes to make an order to allow the safe relaying of gas mains in the carriageway to be undertaken as follows:
- Forton Road (A32) – Ban of right turn (all traffic) into Lees Lane.
- Forton Road (A32) – Ban of left turn into Lees Lane (access only to St. Johns Close).
- Lees Lane (North) – Ban of right turn (all traffic) into Forton Road (A32).
- Eastbound: Forton Road (A32); Spring Garden Lane; Walpole Road; Creek Road; South Street; Foster Road (B3333); Gordon Road and Whitworth Road.
- Westbound: Forton Road (A32); Ann's Hill Road; Carnarvon Road; Whitworth Road.
- Forton Road (A32); Ann's Hill Road; Bury Road (B3333); South Street; Creek Road; Walpole Road; Spring Garden Lane; Forton Road.
PERIOD OF CLOSURE: From 07 January 2013 for a period of 4 months or until completion of the works whichever is sooner. (Notwithstanding the above it is expected that the closure will be required for no longer than 7 weeks and the temporary turning bans will be carried out in phases.)
Further notification will be given at each road prior to works starting. Diversion routes will be signed at the time of the ban. Reasonable facilities will be provided to allow access to adjacent premises while the work is being carried out.
If you have any queries regarding the above please contact Hampshire County Council, Highways Department on 0845 603 5633. Notices may now be viewed on our website www.hants.gov.uk/publicnotices
STUART JARVIS Director, Economy, Transport & Environment The Castle, Winchester, SO23 8UJ
Highways Department on 0845 603 5633
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org