About the Registration Service
The Registration Service is managed by Hampshire County Council.
Our Promise to you
- Whenever you contact Hampshire Registration you will receive a high standard of customer service
- Where it is possible to do so, you will be offered a choice of appointment time and location to suit you. You can access our services in a variety of ways: on-line, by telephone, in person or in writing
- An appointment system is in operation in all offices. Our staff will endeavour to see you within 10 minutes of your appointment time.
- Customers will be advised when making an appointment of the information or documents that will be required in order to complete the registration process.
- The information you give us will be treated in the strictest confidence and will not be passed to anyone who is not entitled to it by law
- Our staff are here to help you. However, they have the right to carry out their work without fear of being abused. No form of abuse will be tolerated.
- Registration law which affects you will be explained in plain language
- Emails and other written communication will be dealt with within three working days of receipt
- Home Visits - In exceptional circumstances Hampshire Registration may be able to offer a home visit. Please contact the registration service and ask to speak to a Registration Officer.
If you feel you have not received the standard of service you expect and have cause to complain, please let us know immediately
Customer Service Feedback
Telephone 0300 555 1392
Phone lines open Monday to Friday 8am - 8pm, Saturday 9.30am - 4pm
Outside office hours
If someone is terminally ill and you need to speak to a Registrar about an urgent marriage or civil partnership, or you need to arrange an urgent funeral to comply with specific religious beliefs, tel 0750 7777 534. Please leave a message outlining the details of your emergency and a contact telephone number, a member of our team will return your call as soon as possible.
Registration Service Headquarters
Three Minsters House
76 High Street
Winchester SO23 8UL
To speak to someone you know by name
tel 01962 841841
This is not the Winchester Register Office.