Highway Maintenance

Roads, road maintenance, traffic and road safety

Report a fault or make an enquiry

Report road problems including flooding and drainage problems. For emergencies requiring immediate attention please call 999.

Severe weather

Severe weather, flooding, road salting, and road safety.

Roadworks and road maintenance

Roadworks and road maintenance in Hampshire.

Street lighting

Report problems, and other information about street lighting.

Traffic lights

Report problems, and other information about traffic lights.

Traffic speed, traffic calming, parking and traffic signs

Management of traffic speed and flow, including parking, traffic calming, safety cameras, and more.

Apply for a licence

Some activities require a licence from the County Council, such as permission to place a skip on the highway, excavate the road for pipes or cables etc.

Apply for a dropped kerb outside your property

How to apply for a dropped kerb outside your property, to allow vehicle access to a driveway or garage.

Adopted roads: roads maintained at public expense

Search our database to find if a roads is maintained at public expense by Hampshire County Council.

Trees, hedges, and verges

Cutting and other management of roadside trees, hedges, and verges.

Extent of the highway

Legal definition of the extent of public road space and highway land.

Dead animals on the road

How to report dead animals on public roads

Flooding and drainage on the roads

Flood prevention and related information.

Parish Councils

Roads and road maintenance news, guidance and references for Parish Councils.