Roadworks and road maintenance
- BBC Hampshire roadworks and travel information: including traffic cameras and incident updates
Major County Council road and transport improvement schemes
M27 Junctions 3 and 5 and M3 Junction 6 Summer 2014
The Highways Agency starts major works in June and July 2014 which will last until March 2015.
Southern Water: Avington to Easton sewer works February to April 2014
The road that links the two villages will be closed from 20 February to the end of April.
Southern Water: Major works in Colden Common continuing in 2014
Southern Water is replacing the water mains on the B3354 in Colden Common near Eastleigh.
Roadworks information online: roadworks.org website
Over 80,000 sets of essential works are carried out every year to maintain public utility and highways services. The vast majority of roadworks are undertaken by public utility companies (electricity, gas, water, cable services).
You can view a list or map of all works likely to cause disruption on a national website called roadworks.org (formerly elgin.gov.uk).
This lists all roadworks that are likely to have some impact on traffic flow.
Set up personal email alerts for roadworks in your area
On roadworks.org you can set up an email alert for future planned roadworks in your area.To set up an alert, from the entry page go first to "Alerts and Search", then to "Alerts".
Find Out More
- See a set of short video films explain some of the road maintainance methods and techniques that are used by the County Council and its contractors
- Potholes: issues and information
- Reducing traffic disruption caused by roadworks
- Roadworks by utility companies and County Council contractors
- Why Roads and footpaths deteriorate
- Maintenance techniques
- Surface dressing
- Prioritisation of road maintenance needs
- Street cleaning