Traffic and travel
BBC Solent radio has traffic and public transport updates for all of Hampshire: 96.1FM, 999AM and DAB Digital Radio and online.
- BBC Hampshire roads and travel with traffic cameras and incident updates
- Traffic and travel information (Romanse website)
- Romanse page on Twitter
- Hampshire County Council page on Twitter
Which roads we salt and when salting happens.
Salt (grit) bins
Salt bins for community use in Hampshire.
Winter driving advice (external site)
Advice on safe driving in winter conditions from the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents.
Winter maintenance policy
The County Council formal winter maintenance policy (part of the Highways Policy)
- Download leaflet about safe driving in winter 848kb
Roads and transport news
- Pothole Busters hit Hampshire roads
- County Council starts environmental surveys to inform Fareham and Gosport schemes
- Hampshire County Council and Network Rail agree to reopen Sway railway bridge
Did you know?
- Hampshire County Council manages over 5,000 miles of roads
- 45 First Priority salting routes are directly managed by Hampshire County Council on the County road network
- The average length of each salt route is 35 miles
- Five tonnes of salt are carried by each lorry on a salting run