Snow, Ice, and Road Salting
At times of severe weather please check weather and travel reports on the BBC and other media.
BBC Solent radio has traffic and public transport updates for all of Hampshire. It is available on 96.1FM, 999AM and DAB Digital Radio and online.
- BBC Hampshire roads and travel information - including traffic cameras and incident updates
- Traffic and travel information (Romanse website)
- Romanse page on Twitter
- Hantsconnect page on Twitter (for news about road salting)
Find out more
Which roads we salt and when salting happens.
Salt (grit) bins
Salt bins for community use in Hampshire.
Winter driving advice (external site)
Advice on safe driving in winter conditions from the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents.
Winter maintenance policy
The County Council formal winter maintenance policy (part of the Highways Policy).
Roads and transport news
- Council to consult on Stubbington Bypass
- Improvement Plans agreed for Pilcot Road, Crookham Village, Fleet
- Mapping travel patterns in North Hampshire and West Surrey
Did you know?
- Hampshire County Council manages over 5,000 miles of roads
- 45 First Priority salting routes are directly managed by Hampshire County Council on the County road network
- The average length of each salt route is 35 miles
- Five tonnes of salt are carried by each lorry on a salting run