You are hereHantsweb HomeLeisure and TourismMaking changes

Rights of Way

Making changes

All changes to public rights of way must be made by legal orders. These are advertised on site and in local papers so that the public has an opportunity to comment on the proposals.

An existing right of way may be


The definitive map can be changed if there is evidence which shows it requires amendment. New rights of way can be added, or existing rights of way upgraded/downgraded if the changes are supported by adequate evidence.

" "