Rights of Way

Planning and Rights of Way

Granting planning permission does not alter any pre-existing rights of way crossing the land. If a path needs to be moved or extinguished for development to take place, a legal order must be made under the Town and Country Planning Act 1990, before development is completed.

This order will be made by the appropriate Planning Authority. This will normally be your District Council.

We must be consulted on any proposed development that affects a right of way.

We will try to ensure that adequate open space and other access facilities are provided by the development and if appropriate we will request the dedication of new or improved rights of way

Contact us

Rights of Way
Castle Avenue, Winchester SO23 8UL
tel 0300 555 1391

email rightsofway@hants.gov.uk

" "