Participant suggested Outdoor Camping kit list
There will be limited space in your tent, so please keep clothes and baggage to a minimum. Squashy bags are a good idea.
- A plate, bowl and cup – plastic ones are a good idea
- A knife, fork and spoon
- Sleeping bag
- Pillow and pillow case
- Roll mat – this will help to keep you warm at night and make you comfortable
- Wash kit
- Water bottle
- A torch and spare batteries
- Plastic bags for laundry and wet clothes
- Warm jumper or fleece and a hat and gloves – even in the summer it can be cool in the evenings
- Waterproof jacket and trousers
- A clean change of clothes for each day
- A small day rucksack
- Sun block and sun hat
- Medication (where appropriate given to your Group Leader)
- Wellies – it can get muddy on the camping field and in the activities area
- Camera – a disposable one is a good idea
Check with your Group Leader, they may tell you to bring some other items.
Clothes for activities
For all activities comfortable, non-restrictive clothes and sensible fastening footwear are essential. Jeans are not suitable. For those participating in water sports, a complete change of clothes, including footwear, is required.
Valuables and electrical appliances
Although Runways End is a safe and secure site, we cannot lock tents and do not provide lockers for possessions. Visitors are requested not to bring unnecessary valuables as Runways End cannot accept any responsibility for lost or damaged items. Please note that there are no electrical facilities for those camping, this includes charging mobile phones.
We recommend that all clothes and possessions are clearly labelled. We hold lost property for two weeks and then dispose of them so if you do leave anything at Runways End please contact us as soon as possible.