Participant suggested Forge Lodge kit list
There is limited space in Forge Lodge dormitories, so please keep clothes and baggage to a minimum. Squashy bags are a good idea.
Pillows are provided but you MUST bring your own duvet, cover and pillowcase / sleeping bag and pillowcase.
- Duvet and Cover / Sleeping Bag
- Pillow case
- Wash kit
- Water bottle
- Plastic bags for laundry and wet clothes
- Warm jumper or fleece and a hat and gloves - even in the summer it can be cool in the evenings
- Waterproof jacket and trousers
- Change of clothes for each day
- Small day rucksack
- Slippers, or clean indoor shoes
- Sun block and sun hat
- Medication (where appropriate given to your Group Leader)
- Wellies – it can get muddy on the field and in the activities area
- Camera – a disposable one is a good idea
Check with your Group Leader, they may tell you to bring some other items.
Clothes for activities
For all activities comfortable, non-restrictive clothes and sensible fastening footwear are essential. Jeans are not suitable. For those participating in water activities, a complete change of clothes, including footwear, is required.
Valuables and Electrical appliances
Although Runways End is a safe and secure site, we do not provide lockers for possessions. Please do not therefore bring unnecessary valuables, as Runways End cannot accept any responsibility for lost or damaged items. All electrical items brought on site must be PAT Tested.
Please clearly label all clothes and possessions. We hold lost property for two weeks and then dispose of it so please contact us as soon as possible