Runway's End aims to be as accessible as possible, but if you have any questions or concerns prior to visiting us please contact us.
Tel 01252 344421 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The centre staff have been trained by the Calvert Trust and given disability awareness and activity specific disability training
- All paths around the site are accessible
- There is a hearing loop in Farrier House – the building we use for meetings and conferences
- There is a purpose built shower/changing and toilet facility at the canoe site which includes an accessible toilet and wetroom
- A Landeez all terrain wheelchair is available which allows easier access across uneven ground including forest tracks. Please contact us in advance to book it
- Archery can be adapted so that everyone can participate, including those that have less strength or mobility
- Canoeing can be adapted to ensure it’s accessible for all. We have a hoist available to help access the canoes or kayaks, and seating support systems are also available for those who need support to sit upright
- Areas of the caving system can be accessed by those with limited mobility
- Both our indoor and outdoor climbing facilities have been designed to ensure they are accessible for all and a wide range of harnesses and equipment means that everyone can experience the joys of climbing and abseiling.
- There are two accessible shower rooms and toilets in Forge Lodge, our accommodation building: one room with a full electric hoist and full size changing table, the other is a wet room with a seat in the shower, low level basin and toilet, both with accessible fittings
- A mobile hoist is available for use in the accommodation areas
- There are two accessible toilets in the camping area
- There are two accessible showers in the camping area; both wet rooms with a seat in the shower, low level basin and toilet, with accessible fittings.