Corporate Procurement and County Supplies
A highly experienced and commercially focused team offering a range of purchasing and supply services, from advice and guidance, through to letting complex contracts.
A not-for-profit, self-funding business unit providing services to a wide range of customers, including education, social care, local government, voluntary and community organisations.
- Impartial procurement advice and guidance from professionally qualified buyers with many years of experience.
- Over 2,700 educational and office products are available from the County Supplies warehouse in Winchester on a free regular scheduled delivery service.
- Easy ordering of stock overthe internet via ‘County Supplies Online’.
- A wide range of contracts for products and services, delivered directly by suppliers, such as office equipment, furniture and cash handling. Information about these contracts is available in our catalogue and on our website.
- Collection from site and safe, environmentally friendly disposal of batteries and light tubes. *
- Site specific contracts for individual customers for a range of services such as catering, cleaning and grounds maintenance.
- An energy buying service. This includes access to large aggregated contracts for both gas and electricity which use the latest ‘flexible’ purchasing strategies. We can also offer advice and assistance with metering and other matters relating to supply.
- If purchasing through the County Council’s SAP system, customers will be able to raise purchase orders for goods and services, pay invoices (both with and without purchase orders), which is fully integrated with the financial accounting system. *
- Access to the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) approved procurement training courses.
- Access to the County Council’s Procurement Best Practice Guide online. *
- As a member of two major purchasing consortiums, Central Buying Consortium and Pro5, we have massive purchasing power to negotiate highly competitive prices.
- All our products and services have been purchased or contracted to meet European Union and national procurement legislation, and the County Council’s own Contract Standing Orders. Meaning all procurement requirements have been met on behalf of customers.
- As standard, all our procurement decisions include consideration of social responsibility issues, including sustainability, equalities, the local economy and health and safety.
- Specific contracts can be undertaken on behalf of customers, offering support throughout the tender process and during the life of the contract.
- Stock items from our warehouse can be ordered easily and simply online.
- Free deliveries and no small order charges on all stock orders.
- No charge for return of stock items.
- Many years experience of meeting the needs of schools in Hampshire.
- Not-for-profit service with the desire to deliver a good service based on value for money.
Prices for stock items are published annually in our catalogue and ‘County Supplies Online’ and are usually fixed for 12 months.
Prices for goods and services, including site specific contracts are subject to an arrangement fee, which is included in the price quoted by the supplier.
Requirements for the quality of services and products are agreed during the tender process and continuously monitored throughout the life of the contract.
Customer feedback is used to improve and develop this service, in line with the Quality Assurance Framework for Services for Schools. Mechanisms for collecting the views of customers include the annual satisfaction survey, complaints, compliments and comments, user groups, and one-to-one contact. These are all reviewed to inform our business strategy.
Contact us about this service
Shaun Le Picq
Head of Procurement
Tel: 01962 826967
Listening to your needs
We can tailor services and develop bespoke packages to suit your needs contact us today