A business unit within the Children’s Services Department with a national reputation for excellence.
Providing information, advice, support, consultancy and training to governors, governing bodies and clerks in schools and children’s centres.
Fast, reliable, responsive, friendly, support to governing bodies, principals, clerks and individual governors by email, telephone or personal appointment.
- Newsletters and guidance documents.
- Knowledgeable, sensible advice based on many years of working in school governance.
- Comprehensive website of resources and information.
- Extensive databank of policies, documents and guidance linked to national regulations.
- Topical ‘what’s new?’ area.
- Specialist areas for clerks and training liaison governors.
- Online training booking system.
- E-learning for crisis situations.
- Clerking services to individual schools, children’s centres and partnerships. (Service only available to schools and academies in Hampshire.)
- An externally moderated Clerks Accreditation Programme.
- Training for individual governors, clerks and chairs of governors.
- Resources to facilitate local delivery of training (DVDs and e-learning).
- an extensive, diverse and relevant training programme;
- conference organisation and management using national speakers;
- adaptable to meet local needs;
- consistent average delegate rating of 4.4 (where 5 is excellent and 4 is good) across over 700 events per year;
- commissioned training and support for individual governing boards/clusters;
- briefings on major policy/legislation change.
Thirty years of successfully serving governors.
- Only service in the country to be awarded seven consecutive national customer service excellence awards.
- Experienced team working collaboratively with professional colleagues in school improvement.
- Highly customer focussed.
- Governors as key stakeholders in the business – not as course attendees.
- Good quality, cost effective service.
- Flexible provision and pricing policies.
Consultancy services to support schools are charged at our daily rate according to the work undertaken.
We offer annual subscription services to our website, clerking and training provision.
Customer feedback is used to improve and develop this service, in line with the Quality Assurance Framework for Services for Schools.
Mechanisms for collecting the views of customers include the annual satisfaction survey and complaints, compliments and comments.
Governor Services also assure quality through:
- the Customer Excellence Award assessment;
- evaluation of all training events;
- a well-established customer user group;
- customer engagement and involvement in service improvement groups;
- staff engagement in service planning and evaluation;
- a management information system to support self-evaluation.
Contact us about this service
Head of Governor Services
Tel: 01962 845706
Listening to your needs
We can tailor services and develop bespoke packages to suit your needs contact us today