Outdoor Education, PE and Sports Service
Supporting the delivery of high-quality and safely managed:
- outdoor education – including off-site activity and educational visits, and outdoor learning;
- physical education and sport in schools and the wider community;
- Duke of Edinburgh’s Award (DofE) activities and licence.
- Regulatory, legal and employer support and advice on current and best practice, insurance and indemnification.
- Provision of agreed approval systems for educational visits and sporting activity, and outdoor and PE and sport providers.
- Monitoring and inspection of the safety management systems of providers, activity centres and instructors.
- Direct support of key personnel, including heads of establishments, heads of department, curriculum leaders, educational visit coordinators, and Trailblazer managers.
- Access to a comprehensive outdoor learning training programme, DofE training, PE safety management courses, as well as those via local sports partnerships.
- Access to services that are recognised nationally for their range, quality and expertise.
- Additional bespoke services as requested, including legal, litigation support, investigation, report writing and response to challenges, as well as response to specific circumstances, such as incidents, inclusion and behaviour.
- Promoting consistent high-quality management, including monitoring, reviewing and ‘health checks’ of establishments, systems or policies.
- Promoting high-quality learning, through professional consultancy regarding teaching, learning and operational practice.
- A wide range of recognised high-quality training via open courses.
- Ensuring the safety and security of your children and young people through recognised and effective safety management systems, for outdoor education, PE and sport, and DofE.
- Ensuring good management, high-quality learning and personal development.
- Offering access to recognised, effective and high-quality training and support.
Important note: these services represent nationally recognised good practice. Employers and educational establishments have to provide services of equal quality. This should avoid professional, incident or litigation challenges, as the standards will be consistent.
Core services are offered free to local authority establishments (Hampshire, Portsmouth and Southampton), at a fixed price for local authority post-16 colleges, and offered to other establishments (such as academies) at a cost per pupil.
Enhanced services, principally training and consultancy, are provided at set hourly or daily rateor fixed course price.
The service is fully compliant with national requirements for licencing, technical inspections, governing body requirements, DofE guidance and other national guidance.
Customer feedback is used to improve and develop this service, in line with the Quality Assurance Framework for Services for Schools.
Mechanisms for collecting the views of customers include the annual satisfaction survey and complaints, compliments and comments.
Contact us about this service
Head of Outdoor Education, PE and Sport Service
Tel: 01962 876218