Hampshire Careers and Employability Service
We believe that preparing young people to progress positively into a rewarding and happy future requires expert support. Whether you need support for your in-house careers coordinators, or direct help for your pupils, as a Matrix accredited organisation you can be sure that our careers advice and guidance service will help your pupils reach their full potential and give them the best possible start for the future.
Support for young people:
- We provide high quality impartial information advice and guidance, via 1:1 interviews and group sessions, to all students in years 7–14.
- We use our knowledge of the local and national labour market to guide young people through all post 14, post 16 and post 18 options.
- We can provide intensive support for pupils at risk of becoming NEET, using tried and tested engagement programmes such as Outdoor Education.
- We provide access to IT packages such as Fast Tomato and E-Clips, enabling pupils to research routes to different career paths, including information on appropriate courses, entry requirements and salaries.
Support for schools
- We hold the Investors in Careers Licence for Hampshire, Isle of Wight and Portsmouth and can support you to achieve this kite mark, demonstrating your commitment to successful school to work transition for your pupils.
- Our experienced advisers can attend parents’ evenings to offer support to parents on the range of post 16 options available to their son and daughter.
- We can advise on in-school careers programmes and policies, across all key stages, ensuring your programmes are effective in developing awareness and future aspirations for your pupils.
- We provide information and training that supports school staff to deliver careers advice and guidance.
- We use our extensive links with local employers to source work experience placements for your pupils and undertake health and safety checks with each employer.
- For pupils at risk of disengagement, we can source longer term work placements to help raise their awareness of the world of work, the commitment required to succeed and the need for them to remain focused at school in order to get the most out of their future.
Why choose us?
- Bespoke packages available, tailored to the needs of your school
- Existing, experienced and qualified careers advisers
- Careers training for school/college staff during INSET days
- Committed to quality - achieved the Matrix Standard
- An outstanding reputation