[Handler onLayoutPageLoad attached to 'about-sporthampshire' (383375) on page 'shiow/about-sporthampshire.htm'] Line 3: TypeError: viewtree.getCurrent() has no properties
Sport Hampshire & IOW (SHIOW) is one of 44 County Sports Partnerships in England, committed to increasing levels of participation in sport and physical activity. Our vision is, 'Inspiring more people, to be more active, more often' and we plan to achieve this through our four strategic aims:
- To inspire and sustain greater participation in sport and physical activity.
- To make the case for sport and physical activity, building the evidence base, advocating its benefits and providing the right information to inspire people to be active.
- To support activity at all levels through the development of a quality workforce:coaches, instructors, leaders, volunteers, teachers, officials and administrators.
- To plan strategically and provide a range of high quality, active environments and appropriate facilities supporting introductory activities, participation and performance sport.
As a Partnership, Sport Hampshire & IOW is hosted by Hampshire County Council and works with a range of organisations to increase sports and physical activity participation. Our Partners include Local & Unitary authorities, National Governing Bodies of Sport, School Sports Partnerships (including FE/HE), Sport England, English Federation of Disability Sport, sports coach UK and Youth Sports Trust, as well as the Department of Health and local NHS organisations.
The work of the Partnership is informed by research conducted by various organisations, including Sport England's Active People research.
Our work extends beyond that of traditional sports. A Joint Strategic Framework and Action Plan explains how health partners and SHIOW are adopting a multi-stakeholder approach to increasing the proportion of adults and children undertaking regular physical activity and enjoying a greater sense of health and well being.
We are committed to equity in sport and our work is overseen by the Sport Hampshire & IOW Advisory Board. We work with SPAAs - strategic Sport and Physical Activity Alliances of partners with an interest in sport and/or physical activity with the objective of raising participation levels locally. As a County Sport Partnership (CSP), we belong to the County Sport Partnership Network (CSPN).
More information on how we plan to 'Inspire more people, to be more active, more often' can be found in our 2013-17 Strategy 2 MB and Annual Report 8 MB for 2015-16.
The Advisory Board meets on a quartely basis to:
- Agree the strategic direction and policy of Sport Hampshire & IOW
- Advise and respond to local, regional and national influences
- Advocate for sport and for Sport Hampshire & IOW
- Ensure Sport Hampshire & IOW is fit for purpose, in line with Sport England Fit for Purpose guidelines
- Advise on the annual business plan and associated budget, and receive performance management information.
- Account to the partners through the Annual Report and Improvement Plan
The Advisory Board members are:
- Peter Amies (Vice Chair), Head of Leisure, Rushmoor Borough Council
- Professor Jenny Anderson, Southampton Solent University
- Roger Burlinson, Creative Director, Maximus Productions Ltd
- Jamie Burton, Sports Development Officer, New Forest District Council
- Nicola Horsey, Assistant Director, Communities, Hampshire County Council
- Dr Simon Jobson, Director of Research & Knowledge Exchange, University of Winchester
- Lee Matthews, Recreation & Open Spaces Manager, IOW Council
- Peter McNulty, Senior Regional Manager, England Golf
- Richard Millard (Chair), Sports Development Director, Places for People Leisure
- Sacha Nicholas, County Development Manager, Hampshire FA
- Blake Simmons, Partnerships Manger (South East), Badminton England
- James Starbuck, Chief Executive, Basingstoke Sports Trust
- Sarah Taylor, Community Volunteer
- Dr Christine Jackson, Deputy Director of Public Health, NHS Hampshire
- Andrew Hanson, Strategic Lead, Local Relationships South (West), Sport England
Ex officio officers:
- Julie Amies, Partnership Director, Sport Hampshire & IOW
- Sophie Burton, Sports Development Manager, Sport Hampshire & IOW
- Helen Fisher, Sports Development Manager, Sport Hampshire & IOW
- Sharon Robertson, Sports Development Manager, Sport Hampshire & IOW
- Penny Woods, Sports Development Manager, Sport Hampshire & IOW
15 Andover Road