Sport Hampshire & IOW is commited to providing guidance and advice on funding and support to clubs, groups and individuals. These pages contain information on funding opportunities and include details about local and national resources.
In addition, Hampshire County Council and Sport Hampshire & IOW have a number of schemes designed to provide straightforward funding and support for local athletes and clubs, as well as coaches and volunteers. Further support and advice, including helpful dos and don'ts can be found on the Hampshire County Council External Funding pages.
Hampshire County Council funding
- The Hampshire Talented Athlete Scheme - funding and support services for talented athletes in Hampshire. (Please note that Portsmouth, Southampton and the Isle of Wight have their own support schemes).
- Financial Assistance for Talented Young People in Sport - support to ensure that young people are not denied the opportunity to participate at a representative level in sport through financial hardship. Specific criteria must be met before an application will be considered.
Other funding streams
- The Isle of Wight Talented Athlete Programme.
- Sports Aid - provides financial grants to athletes aged between 12 - 18 years old or up to 35 years old for disability sports.
- TASS - provides financial grants to athletes aged between 16 - 24 years old that are undertaking a recognised education programme registered at an Institution in England.
- OCS Young Sports Person Awards provide financial grants to up and coming young sports people.
Sports Development Officer (Performance)