This year anyone can make sport happen
Whether it's planning the route, finding the pitch or encouraging people to take part - sport doesn't just happen, it needs people to make it happen. Become one of 40,000 Sport Makers and you'll not only get the skills, knowledge and opportunities you need to get more people playing sport, you'll become part of the official London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games legacy.
Could you be a Sport Maker?
- Could you organise your mates to have kick around after work or on a weekend?
- Do you like to get your colleagues active at lunch time with a walk, run or yoga?
- Can you help out at your local club as a marshal or scorer?
- Are you passionate about sport, health, fitness or physical activity?
- Do you have skills or hobbies that could support others to be more active?
Yes, then you could be a Sport Maker!
To be a Sport Maker you need to:
1. Log in at sportmakers.co.uk and register
2. Attend a free Olympic inspired workshop or convention. Search for one near you on on the Sport Makers website.
3. Tell us what's happened so far. How many hours you have done and what kind of activities you have been doing.
4. Complete 10 hours. By completing your 10 hours you will be enabling people of all ages and abilities to be inspired by, and take part in, sport.
For more information about the Sport Makers programme, including an informal chat. Please contact Greig Stewart Coaching Development Officer - 01962 846818 and download our leaflet to pass on to friends and colleagues.
You can also help us spread the word!
with our Facebook and Twitter pages.
Host a Sport Maker Workshop
Are you a club or organisation who would like to host a Sport Makers workshop for your volunteers, coaches or officials? Or has volunteering opportunities? It's completely free!
If you are interested in finding out more please contact Greig Stewart on 01962 846818
Assistant Sports Development Officer
Workshops and Conventions
We will be running workshops in the New Year in the New Forest and the Isle of Wight. Please keep checking back for details.
All attendees to our workshops receive a FREE Adidas t-shirt and bag.