Course booking information
Booking line: 023 8089 2077
Once you have selected your course date/s, either book on-line, contact our booking office (023 80892077) or book in person at our reception during normal office hours, including weekends.
Booking of Bed and Breakfast for the night before a course is subject to availability, which cannot be confirmed more than 2 weeks ahead.
Confirmation of course booking will be e-mailed or posted within 7 days. For those not booking on-line your receipt can be posted or collected on arrival. Joining Instructions, when appropriate, will be sent 2 weeks before course start or upon booking if booking made less than 2 weeks ahead.
Acceptance of Booking Conditions
All bookings are accepted on condition that the customer agrees to abide by our booking conditions and confirms this acceptance on the course booking form 94kb.
Errors, Omissions, VAT rates
We endeavour to keep published prices and other information up to date but reserve the right to alter them at any time. You will be advised of any price changes or other relevant changes when your booking is processed and will be given the opportunity then to cancel if desired, without penalty.
For courses of 4 days or less and bookings made on-line, fees are payable in full on booking.
For longer courses a non-returnable deposit of £75 is required, the balance must be paid eight weeks before the course starts.
Payment can be made by Maestro, MasterCard, Visa or cheque. We do not accept American Express.
We are unable to book places on a course until we have received full payment (or deposit for courses over 4 days), cheques must be backed by a cheque guarantee card if submitted less than 2 weeks before course start date.
For bookings made by organisations, an official order or other written document against which we can invoice is acceptable in lieu of full advance payment.
The Centre reserves the right to
- Cancel a course should the numbers fail to reach a viable minimum. A transfer to an acceptable alternative date or a full refund will be made. Courses may be cancelled by us up to 14 days prior to the starting date.
- Request a participant who does not meet the course criteria to withdraw without refund.
- Decline to award a certificate (but we will supply reasons and an action plan).
- Cancel or curtail a course due to forecast or prevailing weather conditions, or due to other factors beyond our control. We will endeavour to provide mutually acceptable alternative date(s), but if unable to do so, we will make a pro-rata refund.
Cancellations/transfers by client
- All cancellations/transfers must be made in writing, to our bookings office (Fax or email is acceptable. Change of date or of participant constitutes cancellation).
- Once notified in writing we will make every effort to resell the course place/s.
- If the place is resold by us prior to the start of the course, we will refund the course fee, less a £15 administration charge for courses costing £60.
- If the place is resold by you prior to the start of the course, without requiring a refund from us, the administration charge will be £15.
- For courses or sessions costing less than £60 no refund will be made, however, provided you or we can resell the place, we will transfer your booking to another person or date free of charge.
- Refunds will only be made after the course start date.
- If we are unable to resell a place prior to the start of the course, we will refund as follows:
- Cancellation received eight weeks or more prior to the start date: fees paid less £75 deposit (5 day or longer courses) or fees paid less £30.
- Cancellation received more than two weeks but less than eight weeks before start date: 25% of total course fees will be refunded.
- Cancellation 2 weeks or less before start date: no refund.
It is your responsibility to arrange appropriate insurance against cancellation, curtailment, personal accident, personal liability and theft. We strongly recommend this. Hampshire County Council only accepts liability for loss, damage or injury resulting from negligence by the County Council, its servants or agents. We must be notified of lost property within 2 weeks, as any items found are disposed of after this period.
Use of own boat/craft
Clients receiving tuition in their own craft should check their insurance policy covers this and provide us with a copy of the current certificate at the time of booking.
Physical Fitness/Swimming ability/Safety
Many of our courses are physically demanding and may involve bending, lifting, balancing, jumping, falling, climbing stretching and a degree of co-ordination – you should ensure that you have an adequate level of fitness for the activities undertaken.
Everyone taking part in our water activities should be able to swim 50m in light clothing. All course members must comply with the safety regulations and instructions of Centre staff. Rings, chains, earrings etc must be removed or taped over whilst participating in activities which could result in them being snagged.
If you have a medical condition, illness, any physical disability or special needs of which we should be aware, you must inform us in advance by completing the relevant section of the booking form. We strongly recommend anyone with a medical condition such as epilepsy, heart condition, pregnancy to check with their doctor and with the Centre before making a booking.
Booking forms confirming the above or any special dietary requirements should be received by us at least 7 days in advance.
Smoking is not permitted in any building. Sensitive smoke detection operates throughout the site, residential customers are not permitted to use aerosol deodorants or hairsprays in accommodation block bedrooms.
Under 18 participants
- We require parental consent and additional medical information for all under 18 year old participants. Customers booking over the internet must provide this online, other customers will be sent a form for completion and return within 7 days of booking.
- We will not accept handover from parents earlier than course start time and expect collection to be promptly at course finish time.
- In adverse weather conditions it may be necessary to substitute alternative activities for some sessions, no refund will be given.
- Course members under 16 years of age are not permitted in our public bar, except when accompanied by their parent.
16 -17 year olds on adult courses
Subject to acceptance of the following by both the young person and the adult with parental responsibility, 16 and 17 year olds may attend adult courses:
- All instructions given by Calshot staff must be followed, including at break times, when a member of staff other than the instructor may be providing the pastoral supervision. Young persons are expected to behave in a responsible and mature manner.
- Misbehaviour may result in the young person being excluded from a session or from the rest of the course. Those with parental responsibility will be contacted at the earliest opportunity to discuss the situation and may be required to remove the young person from site. The Duty Manager’s decision will be final, no refund will be made.
- Residential places are only available if the young person is accompanied by a responsible adult at all times when not in a taught session, with the exception some dinghy and windsurfing instructors course (as highlighted in course descriptions) when pastoral supervision is provide outside course times.
Data Protection Act 1998
The information you have supplied will be used only to process the booking and for our mailing list. If you do not want to receive further brochures, please tick the box at the end of the booking form/online.
We also occasionally take photos of participants for publicity, including on our own website, if you do not wish to be photographed, please tick the box at the end of the booking form/online