Independent and out of county schools
98% of Hampshire's local authority schools choose to buy into the School Library Service, making it one of the most successful and highly regarded services of its kind in the country.
What can the SLS offer independent and out of county schools?
Loan and exchange service
- Borrow a minimum of 200, maximum of 500 items
- Items on loan can be exchanged twice in the year (April to March) to a maximum of 100% exchange
- Free access to the SLS Bookshop with a 20% discount on all resources purchased
- Online ordering facility
- Maximum of 2 hours professional advice in the year
- Subscriber rate charges for courses
- Free support group sessions including Fiction Focus
- Free subscription to Books for Keeps magazine
- Regular current awareness newsletters
A personal service
The SLS operates from six centres around the county. Each has its own Area Schools Librarian, who will get to know your school and offer advice tailored to your own needs