We have a dedicated IT Advisory Team who support both SLS staff and subscribing schools with all matters relating to IT and digital resources in the school library. Our Digital Advisers have a county-wide remit and can be contacted at SLS HQ.
Our Digital advice and consultation service includes:
- Library and LRC ICT health checks
- Support and advice on virtual learning in the library and across the curriculum
- Support and advice on our eresources and ebook platform
- Advice on maximising the full potential of the school's computerised library management system
- Introduction to the Junior Librarian or Eclipse programme for new staff
- Eclipse/JL and IT user groups for staff development
- Advice on purchase of computerised library management systems
- Advice on purchase of IT and Digital hardware for the library
The School Library Service also offers a subscription to Hambase, accessed from our Moodle. Hambase is a database of SLS recommended books which can be downloaded when buying or borrowing resources for schools. This saves staff time in administrative tasks.