Supporting People

What type of support can be provided?


The Supporting People programme brings together a range of services provided by different organisations. Services include:

  • wardens or scheme managers in sheltered housing
  • support workers to help with things like budgeting, advice with benefits, independent living skills and help with safety and security
  • Telecare - Community alarms and sensors
  • Citizens Advice Bureaux

These services may be provided in your own home or in specialist accommodation such as sheltered housing or hostels. The Supporting People programme covers only housing-related support services and does not include personal or social care.

Telecare Programme

Telecare is a combination of wireless alarms and sensors fitted in your home. It is monitored through your phone line, 24 hours a day every day. Its aim to is help people, of any age, to live safely and independently in their own homes for as long as possible.


Citizens Advice Hampshire

Citizens Advice Hampshire is a consortium of independent Citizens Advice Bureaux working together to improve advice services for the people of Hampshire.

They will help people understand how housing support services are paid for.

  • For more information visit the Citizens Advice Hampshire website