Suitable for ages KS2+ (8 years)
We offer Open Boating at either 8 Acre pond, a salt water lake on the south coast, or on the Beaulieu River, both are approximately 15 minutes drive away, these picturesque locations are ideal to experience kayaking for the first time, or to practice your skills in preparation for graded assessments.
What we provide
- A qualified instructor
- All equipment
You will need
- To wear clothes that you don’t mind getting wet (not jeans)
- To wear old trainers or sandals
- To make sure that everyone in the group can swim 50m in light clothing
- Transport to and from the site
- To learn the basics of Kayaking
- The opportunity for skills progression
- To have fun and get wet!
Open boating does not take place at Tile Barn. A short drive of approximately 15 minutes is required to either the river or the pond. Although the session allows time for transporting the group, a minibus is not included in the price and needs to be provided by the group.
Group size 8:1 (one member of visiting staff to accompany the group)
Session times 3 hours