Participant suggested bunkhouse kit list
There is limited space in the Bunkhouse dormitories, so please keep clothes and baggage to a minimum. Squashy bags are a good idea.
- Sleeping bag – summer weight will be sufficient
- Pillow case
- Wash kit
- Water bottle
- Torch and spare batteries
- Plastic bags for laundry and wet clothes
- Warm jumper or fleece and a hat and gloves - even in the summer it can be cool in the evenings
- Waterproof jacket and trousers
- Change of clothes for each day
- Small day rucksack
- Slippers, or clean indoor shoes
- Sun block and sun hat
- Medication (where appropriate given to your Group Leader)
- Wellies – it can get muddy on the field and in the Forest
- Camera – a disposable one is a good idea
Check with your Group Leader, they may tell you to bring some other items.
Clothes for activities
For all activities comfortable, non-restrictive clothes and sensible fastening footwear are essential. Jeans are not suitable. For those participating in Kayaking, a complete change of clothes, including footwear, is required.
Although Tile Barn is a safe and secure site, we do not provide lockers for possessions. Please do not therefore bring unnecessary valuables, as Tile Barn cannot accept any responsibility for lost or damaged items.
Please clearly label all clothes and possessions. We hold lost property for two weeks so please contact us as soon as possible.