A large part of our work involves identifying the best way to manage and improve transport provision in South Hampshire. For example, where there is a major new development planned, we may review options for reducing the effects of the extra traffic that the development could create. It is important to have a means of understanding the impact of such developments and of testing the suitability and value for money of possible transport solutions.
The Evidence Base is a set of interlinked transport and land use models that we use to test transport and land use scenarios.
A key element of building the model has been the collection of data, which has included using existing data sources. However, to provide the comprehensive inputs to develop the Evidence Base, it has been necessary to collect additional data. The results of this data collection exercise are available in the Report on Surveys, availble for download below
- Evidence Base - Report on Surveys 3mb
- Report on Surveys: Appendices A and B 770kb
- Report on Surveys: Appendices C to G 2mb
- Evidence Base - Model Development Report 2 2mb
- Road Traffic Model Calibration and Validation Summary Report 4 2mb
- Evidence Base - Public Tranport Model Calibration and Validation Report 5 2mb