Fordingbridge circular walk 1
Distance: 1.75km / 1 mile, 25 minutes
Condition: Pavements and good gravel tracks
Starting Point: Main town car park
Formerly the infirmary, this was originally the Union Workhouse, which opened in 1886.
The Police Station in Fordingbridge is the oldest purpose built Police Station in Hampshire which is still in use.
The name reflects the twinning of Fordingbridge with Vimoutiers in Normandy, France; look out for the commemorative stone.
Download Circular Walk 1 leaflet 273kb pdf
- With the library behind you, walk out of the car park on to the path leading to the hospital complex, turn left and follow path to road. Turn right and follow pavement to Shaftesbury Street.
- Turn right and, after passing the police station, take the first road on the right into Normandy Way. Take the next turning to the left which leads into Marl Lane (a gravel track).
- Turn right towards The Coach House, continue ahead and at the next path junction turn right.
- Continue along path to road, cross road following path which leads into Green Lane. Cross over stream and continue ahead following pavement.
- After crossing Parsonage Close and passing Wilsons Court look for the next footpath to the right (opposite a sign for Picket Close). Follow this path back to the car park.