Fordingbridge circular walk 3
Distance: 2.5km / 1.5 miles, 30 minutes
Condition: Mixture of surfaced and unsurfaced paths
Starting Point: St Mary’s Church, Fordingbridge
St Mary’s Church (Fordingbridge Parish Church) - A church was recorded here in the Domesday Book. Nothing remains of the original church and what you see now is largely from the 13th century. The aisles were rebuilt in the 15th century when the tower, north and south porches were also added.
West Street was formerly known as Black Street and was the site of the town’s gas works.
Download Circular Walk 3 leaflet 217kb pdf
- Take footpath opposite St Mary’s Church and proceed through car park. Cross road taking path between houses, bear right then left to enter field.
- Continue along path. On reaching a gravel track take the path immediately to the right between trees; follow this path to Ashford Road.
- At road turn right, proceed down the hill and over the river. After passing a road junction on the left, turn right and follow footpath through to Victoria Road.
- On reaching the road turn right. Follow this road (Victoria Road) to the junction of Station Road.
- Turn right following pavement to West Street. Proceed to the end of West Street and turn right, back to St Mary’s Church.