Marchwood circular walk 1
Distance: 1.25km / 0.75 miles, 15 minutes
Places of interest: St John’s Church and Falklands Memorial
Starting Point: Village Centre shops
The Village Hall is the Local Information Point. You cantry surfing the net here. Office hours are 9am - 12 noon.
The Falkland’s Memorial remembers those from the Royal Fleet Auxiliary that died in the conflict. The Parish Council have recently added a plaque to the stone to remind people where the stone originated. St John’s Church was built in 1843 and designed by J W Derick.
Download Circular Walk 1 leaflet 206kb pdf
- From the car park in front of the Village Centre shops, go under the covered walkway, and continue with the school to your right and the village hall to your left.
- Continue straight on into Cranberry close and follow the road to the right and then to the left to reach a Tjunction. Turn left, then take the first right into Billberry Drive.
- After passing over the stream turn immediate left. Follow the path until you reach the road and turn left into Kingfisher Way.
- After passing two cul-de-sacs on the left-hand side, take the next left and follow the path towards the church.
- Continue along the path, passing the Falklands Memorial on your righthand side. © Marchwood Parish 2001
- On reaching Main Road turn left and follow the pavement back to the Village Centre shops.