Pennington circular walk 2
Distance: 2.25km / 1.5 miles, 30 minutes
Condition: Good, route follows pavements
Starting Point: The White Hart pub, Milford Road. Please use rear car park.
The park at Woodside was given to the community by Colonel Henry Douglas Rooke. The memorial to the Colonel can be seen on this walk. Colonel Rooke is recorded as serving with the 1st battalion, King’s Shropshire Light Infantry regiment in the Egyptian War in 1882.
Download Circular Walk 2 leaflet 181kb pdf
- Turn right from pub car park and down the hill. Take a right along the footpath leading to Ravens Court Road. At the junction with Lentune Way turn right. Follow this road round to the junction with Bitterne Way.
- Turn right towards Rookes Lane. Cross the main road with care and go into Woodside Gardens (public toilets are available here).
- Once in Woodside Gardens turn left and follow the footpath round the perimeter of the gardens. Just before Woodside Lane bear round to the right, you will pass through ‘Wisteria Walk’.
- Fork left and pass the Colonel Henry Douglas Rooke memorial (on the left).
- At the children’s play area turn right and head back towards Woodside car park.
- Carefully cross over Rookes Lane onto Bitterne Way and then turn left into Lentune Way. Follow the road back round, turn left into Ravens Court Road, left onto Milford Road and back up the hill to The White Hart pub. (Suitable for pushchairs, wheelchairs and dogs)