Ringwood circular walk 4
Distance: 3.5 km / 2.25 miles, 45 minutes
Condition: Generally good, but could become muddy in places.
Starting Point: Cornerways Medical Centre
Poulner Lakes – The remaining evidence of the extensive gravel workings immediately to the north of Ringwood, these lakes now represent a much valued public open space for local inhabitants.
The Linbrook Stream – One of the gravel bottomed brooks which drain the commons to the east of the Avon Valley and flow down to join that river on its course to the sea.
Download Circular Walk 4 leaflet 302kb pdf
- Turn left out of Cornerways Surgery & take second road on left into Northfield Road. Continue along pavement, just before reaching Edwina Close on the left, cross road & take path between houses on the right. At path junction bear left and continue into Kingfisher Way. Follow road round until emerging on to North Poulner Road.
- Cross road, either walk across grass bearing left & through gate to gravel track or turn left then right into the main entrance of Poluner Lakes. Continue ahead with Wash Pit Lake on left & Northfield Lake on right. Where track turns left (to car park) continue straight, following fenced path just to the left of the main track.
- At path T-junction turn right, take next left over stream then left again following path parallel to stream. Take next left over bridge. Turn right following the boundary of the grassed area before heading for the car park.
- Continue through the car park & back out to North Poulner Road. Cross road & turn right; take next left into Morant Road.
- At T-junction turn left then take next right, continue ahead turning right into Link Road. On reaching Gorley Road turn left taking you back to Cornerways Surgery.