Traffic Management policy
The County Council receives many requests to investigate traffic and road safety issues.
In order to make the best use of our resources we have developed a Traffic Management Policy, which explains how traffic and safety issues are investigated and when traffic management measures may be appropriate.
Part 1: Introduction to Traffic Management
Traffic Management Strategy, how traffic and safety issues are investigated, and the legal framework
Part 2: Traffic Management policies
Policy statements on how various traffic management measures are used
Part 3: Detailed guidance on the use of traffic management measures
- Traffic Regulation Orders (27-28)
- Speed limits (29-34)
- Traffic signs, road markings and bollards (35-45)
- Parking restrictions (46-53)
- Movement restrictions, including HGV restrictions and banned turns (54-65)
- Road classifications (66-68)
- Pedestrian and cycle crossing facilities (69-72)
- Traffic calming (73-77)