Purbrook Way and B2150 Hulbert Road (Asda) roundabout in Havant: transport improvements
The traffic signals and the full roundabout is now operational for traffic during week commencing 8 August 2016. Seasonal landscaping, planting work to be undertaken and safety work to be carried out.
For further information, please visit the contractor's website.
The improvements will provide:
- an increase in the size of the roundabout to increase its capacity and reduce delays
- new traffic lights on both Purbrook Way approach roads to the roundabout to reduce delays
- widening of the Purbrook Way (west) approach road to increase its capacity
- new pedestrian and cycle paths and signal controlled crossings to make it easier for people to cross the junction
- safety improvements at the Park House Farm Way junction
The main works started in October 2014 and are planned for completion August 2016. The roundabout will stay open during the works.
Following a successful bid to the Government, the Department for Transport awarded £3.7 million to assist in paying for the scheme. The total cost is about £5.9 million.
Phone:0300 555 1388
Minicom for hearing and speech impaired customers within Hampshire: 0300 555 1390:
Strategic Transport Delivery team
Economy, Transport and Environment Department
Hampshire County Council