A30 Hartford Bridge Flats and Blackbushe junction improvement.
During the last month, most of the permanent roundabout has been completed. The northern part of the roundabout has been finished and resurfacing works have been taking place overnight to complete the new road at the east and west site.
On the north east part of the site, the new drainage system has been installed together with ducting to enable provision of lighting in this area that will illuminate the new roundabout when it is complete.
Works update over the next few weeks
The central area to the new roundabout at the A30/A327/Blackbushes Road will be completed, together with the landscaping of the verge areas throughout the site.
A series of overnight road closures will take place commencing 5 May 2015, for approximately 7 nights, on weekdays from 1900 hrs to 0600 hrs, when the remaining resurfacing work is completed to the new roundabout and it's connection with the A327 and Blackbushe Road. New road markings and road studs will be placed and the remaining signs will also be erected.
This will bring the work to a conclusion during late May when the contractor will undertake final tidying of the site and the new works will be fully open to the public.
- Download plan showing location of the works 236kb
- Download exhibition document showing full details of the proposals
Approximate construction timescales for the various components of the scheme are:
- Start on site from 10 November 2014
- Blackbushe Roundabout from November 2014 until January/February 2015
- Construction of the new roundabout at the junction of A30 and A327 from February/March until May 2015.
Please note that due to restrictions on the use of the government grant that is paying for the scheme, the fourth arm of the new roundabout (that will connect with Blackbushes Road) will be delivered at a later date. This work is being delivered in a separate package and was not able to be delivered alongside this project. This was highlighted during the consultation held in summer 2014.
Main features of the scheme:
- introduction of a three arm roundabout at the priority junction of the A30 with the A327
- realignment of the existing roundabout junction at Blackbushe Airport
- banning of a right turn into and out of Blackbushes Road from the A30
Full scheme description and background history
A report on the proposals was considered by the County Council’s Executive Member for Economy, Transport and Environment in March 2014
Register for updates by email
- Email: A30HBF@hants.gov.uk
- Phone: 0300 555 1388
- Minicom for hearing and speech impaired customers 0300 555 1390
Economy, Transport and Environment Department
Hampshire County Council
Financial contribution from the Department for Transport
The Hartford Bridge Flats and Blackbushe scheme is valued at £2.5 million with a contribution of £1.47 million from the Department for Transport through the pinch point programme.