A30 Hartford Bridge Flats and Blackbushe junction improvement: public consultation
Updated 10 October 2014
Scheme works to start in November 2014
Following a positive response to the consultation in the summer, works are planned to start on 10 November and will last for about six months. Further details will be published here later in October, please check back.
- Download plan showing location of the works 236kb
- Download exhibition document showing full details of the proposals
Improvement works planned to start in the second half of 2014, and will last about six months.
- introduction of a three arm roundabout at the priority junction of the A30 with the A327
- realignment of the existing roundabout junction at Blackbushe Airport
- banning of a right turn into and out of Blackbushes Road from the A30
Although there will be disruption during the main construction period, this will be minimised as far as possible to reduce the impact on the travelling public. It is expected that works to the Blackbushe Junction will be done first.
In February and March 2014:
advance site clearance to clear scrub vegetation, raising tree canopies and some tree felling if required
A report on the proposals was considered by the County Council’s Executive Member for Economy, Transport and Environment in March 2014
Register for updates by email
- 0845 603 5638
- 01329 225 398 calls from within the UK
- 0845 603 5625: Minicom for hearing and speech impaired customers within Hampshire
Economy, Transport and Environment Department
Hampshire County Council
Financial contribution from the Department for Transport
The Hartford Bridge Flats and Blackbushe scheme is valued at £2.5 million with a contribution of £1.47 million from the Department for Transport through the pinch point programme.