A30 Hartford Bridge Flats and Blackbushe junction improvement: public consultation
22 January 2015
Summary of work completed
Work has continued on the existing east and west islands in the central reserve on the approaches to the staggered junction A30/A327/Blackbushes Rd, and to the A30 roundabout at the entrance to British Car Auctions (BCA).
Road construction has started in these areas with the first two of three layers of asphalt being laid, together with the drainage.
The replacement kerbs on all four corners of the roundabout at BCA have been laid and construction of the new improved footway access to the bus stops has been formalised. Road construction has been completed to most areas, including the roundabout.
January to February 2015
Most of the work to date at the A30/A327/Blackbushes Rd junction has been undertaken to prepare of a temporary roundabout to improve the traffic management and facilitate a larger working area on the south side of the site.
This temporary arrangement will improve traffic flow at the junction and help to create a safer working environment for the contractor and the public. During the next phase we will begin construction of the new permanent roundabout including drainage on the south side of the site.
- Download plan showing location of the works 236kb
- Download exhibition document showing full details of the proposals
Approximate construction timescales for the various components of the scheme are:
- Start on site from 10 November 2014
- Blackbushe Roundabout from November 2014 until January/February 2015
- Construction of the new roundabout at the junction of A30 and A327 from February/March until May 2015.
Please note that due to restrictions on the use of the government grant that is paying for the scheme, the fourth arm of the new roundabout (that will connect with Blackbushes Road) will be delivered at a later date. This work is being delivered in a separate package and was not able to be delivered alongside this project. This was highlighted during the consultation held in summer 2014.
Main features of the scheme:
- introduction of a three arm roundabout at the priority junction of the A30 with the A327
- realignment of the existing roundabout junction at Blackbushe Airport
- banning of a right turn into and out of Blackbushes Road from the A30
Full scheme description and background history
A report on the proposals was considered by the County Council’s Executive Member for Economy, Transport and Environment in March 2014
Register for updates by email
- Email: A30HBF@hants.gov.uk
- Phone: 0300 555 138
- Minicom for hearing and speech impaired customers 0300 555 1390
Economy, Transport and Environment Department
Hampshire County Council
Financial contribution from the Department for Transport
The Hartford Bridge Flats and Blackbushe scheme is valued at £2.5 million with a contribution of £1.47 million from the Department for Transport through the pinch point programme.