A30 Hartford Bridge Flats and Blackbushe junction improvement: public consultation
24 November 2014
Work started on Monday 10 November and is expected to last for about six months. The contractor is Mildren Construction.
Work on the scheme to date has been to remove the existing east and west traffic islands on the approaches to the staggered junction of the A30/A327/Blackbushes Rd and also at the roundabout entrance to the airport and car auction venue. This is to give the team greater flexibility in where traffic runs through the site and allow work to be undertaken with the least impact on flow, especially during peak times.
This work will continue into December to fully remove the traffic islands and to make the surface underneath suitable for vehicles to drive on. Work is also taking place away from the current road on the areas of new road alignment and footways.
- Download plan showing location of the works 236kb
- Download exhibition document showing full details of the proposals
Approximate construction timescales for the various components of the scheme are:
- Start on site from 10 November 2014
- Blackbushe Roundabout from November 2014 until January/February 2015
- Construction of the new roundabout at the junction of A30 and A327 from February/March until May 2015.
Please note that due to restrictions on the use of the government grant that is paying for the scheme, the fourth arm of the new roundabout (that will connect with Blackbushes Road) will be delivered at a later date. This work is being delivered in a separate package and was not able to be delivered alongside this project. This was highlighted during the consultation held in summer 2014.
Main features of the scheme:
- introduction of a three arm roundabout at the priority junction of the A30 with the A327
- realignment of the existing roundabout junction at Blackbushe Airport
- banning of a right turn into and out of Blackbushes Road from the A30
A report on the proposals was considered by the County Council’s Executive Member for Economy, Transport and Environment in March 2014
Register for updates by email
- 0845 603 5638
- 01329 225 398 calls from within the UK
- 0845 603 5625: Minicom for hearing and speech impaired customers within Hampshire
Economy, Transport and Environment Department
Hampshire County Council
Financial contribution from the Department for Transport
The Hartford Bridge Flats and Blackbushe scheme is valued at £2.5 million with a contribution of £1.47 million from the Department for Transport through the pinch point programme.