Asda Roundabout in Havant: transport improvements
Updated 25 June 2014: This consultation is now closed
Improvement works at the the roundabout at Purbrook Way and Hulbert Road in Havant are planned to start in autumn 2014.
June 2014: Exhibition of proposals and public comments
An exhibition of the plans was on display in the Havant Plaza from 4 June to 24 June 2014.
Give us your views
The consultation closed on 24 June 2014.
The improvements will provide:
- an increase in the size of the roundabout to increase its capacity and reduce delays
- new traffic lights on both Purbrook Way approach roads to the roundabout to reduce delays
- widening of the Purbrook Way (west) approach road to increase its capacity
- new pedestrian and cycle paths and signal controlled crossings to make it easier for people to cross the junction
- safety improvements at the Park House Farm Way junction
The main works are expected to start in early autumn 2014 and will take up to 14 months. The roundabout will stay open during the works.
The local community was consulted on initial plans early in 2013 and plans were discussed further at a public drop in event in October 2013.
Following a successful bid to the Government, the Department for Transport awarded £3.7 million to assist in paying for the scheme. The total cost is about £5.9 million.