Purbrook Way and B2150 Hulbert Road (Asda) roundabout in Havant: transport improvements
Work on this scheme is progressing to improve the ASDA roundabout. The current restrictions on the roundabout and approach roads remain in place to ensure the safety for the public and the contractor whilst works take place. As areas are completed we will continue to remove the traffic management when it is safe to do so. In the coming weeks we will complete the linemarking, footway surfacing, traffic signals, signage, pedestrian railings and these require lane closures to remain in place. Until the traffic signals are switched on, the roundabout will continue to operate with give way signs on all approaches and some lanes closures.
For further information, please visit the contractor's website.
Osborne Ltd holds weekly surgeries to keep residents and businesses up to date. The surgeries take place every Wednesday from 11am in the site office in the field between Hulbert Road and Purbrook Way east.
The improvements will provide:
- an increase in the size of the roundabout to increase its capacity and reduce delays
- new traffic lights on both Purbrook Way approach roads to the roundabout to reduce delays
- widening of the Purbrook Way (west) approach road to increase its capacity
- new pedestrian and cycle paths and signal controlled crossings to make it easier for people to cross the junction
- safety improvements at the Park House Farm Way junction
The main works started in October 2014 and are planned for completion end of June 2016. The roundabout will stay open during the works.
Following a successful bid to the Government, the Department for Transport awarded £3.7 million to assist in paying for the scheme. The total cost is about £5.9 million.
Phone:0300 555 1388
Minicom for hearing and speech impaired customers within Hampshire: 0300 555 1390:
Strategic Transport Delivery team
Economy, Transport and Environment Department
Hampshire County Council