Purbrook Way and B2150 Hulbert Road (Asda) roundabout in Havant: transport improvements
Work on this scheme is progressing to improve the ASDA roundabout. From 11 April Winchfield Crescent will be closed to all traffic at its junction with Purbrook Way for up to 7 weeks. This is to allow the safe completion of works by Portsmouth Water and installation of kerbs in the parking layby opposite. The road will remain closed in order to prevent additional traffic using it at peak times for the remainder of the works.
For further information, please visit the contractor's website.
Osborne Ltd holds weekly surgeries to keep residents and businesses up to date. The surgeries take place every Wednesday from 11am in the site office in the field between Hulbert Road and Purbrook Way east.
The improvements will provide:
- an increase in the size of the roundabout to increase its capacity and reduce delays
- new traffic lights on both Purbrook Way approach roads to the roundabout to reduce delays
- widening of the Purbrook Way (west) approach road to increase its capacity
- new pedestrian and cycle paths and signal controlled crossings to make it easier for people to cross the junction
- safety improvements at the Park House Farm Way junction
The main works started in October 2014 and are planned for completion early June 2016. The roundabout will stay open during the works.
Following a successful bid to the Government, the Department for Transport awarded £3.7 million to assist in paying for the scheme. The total cost is about £5.9 million.
Phone:0300 555 1388
Minicom for hearing and speech impaired customers within Hampshire: 0300 555 1390:
Strategic Transport Delivery team
Economy, Transport and Environment Department
Hampshire County Council