Home to School Transport Policy 2012
- Home to School Transport (HTST) Policy effective September 2012
The following changes were agreed to the County Council’s Home to School Transport Policy by the Executive Member for Children’s Services at his June 2011 Decision Day:
Following consultation and taking account of the current guidance from the Department for Education the County Council is introducing the following changes to its Home to School Transport Policy.
- Home to school transport for children attending a denominational school is no longer provided for new entrants to the phase of schooling.
- Home to college transport costs for students from low income families is removed for new entrants to the phase of education.
- When children live in an area designated as catchment by more than one school, transport (where appropriate) will only be provided to the nearest school for new entrants to the phase of schooling.
- A charge will apply for post-16 students with learning disabilities or a disability. The charge is set to match the ‘privilege’ rate as prescribed by the Home to School Transport policy and will apply to new entrants to the phase of education.