New location for Council services in Basingstoke
Hampshire County Council has a new office and public reception at Vertex, Chineham Court, Basingstoke. As a result some smaller offices in the area will be closed and all public-facing services will move to the new venue.
Offices to be closed
The following offices will be closing when services move to Vertex:
- Sun Alliance House – closure 30 August
- Cliddesden Road – closure 4 September
- Culver Road – closure 10 September.
If you regularly visit one of these buildings for appointments, you will have received notification from your Council contact about where your future appointments will be held.
Why are council services moving?
Moving to a bigger office has made it possible to bring many Council services together from several locations. The buildings they previously occupied are no longer required, and can be sold or disposed of. This means the new building has significantly reduced the Council’s office floor area, saving £0.5m a year on property running costs.
Vertex also offers better quality, more sustainable, more comfortable facilities for people in the Basingstoke area who visit the Council.
Services that will be available at Vertex
Services you can access at Vertex include:
- Adult Services and Children’s Services social care
- Integrated Learning Disability Team (joint service between HCC and Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust)
- Educational Psychology
- Specialist Teacher Advisory Service
- Services for Young Children
- Ethnic Minority and Travellers Achievement Service
- Youth Offending Team
- Education Financial Services
- Hampshire & Isle of Wight Community Foundation (voluntary sector organisation)
- HomeStart North West Hampshire (voluntary sector organisation)
More information about accessing services in Basingstoke
If you need more information about accessing services in Basingstoke, please contact the service you are interested in.