Story Sack 1 - Each Peach Pear Plum
A story sack based on the popular book by Janet and Allan Ahlberg, which uses favourite nursery rhymes as characters in a hide and seek story.
The story sack useful both during and outside the literacy hour and can be used as a resource for literacy and drama, where pupils could be encouraged to take the role of different characters and act out their parts for the class.
Key learning objectives
Speaking and Listening
- To encourage pupils to explore nursery rhymes using speaking and listening skills.
- Links to En1 for Key Stage 1 and 2 of the National Curriculum framework.
- To enable pupils to engage with language through the use of rhyme and to extend their vocabulary.
- Links to learning objectives for Literacy in the foundation stage
- Links to En2 for Key Stage 1 and 2 of the National Curriculum framework.
Story Sack contents
Each Peach Pear Plum contains the book Each Peach Pear Plum, an audio tape of the story, teachers’ notes and suggestions for guided reading, activities (such as sequencing games, initial sounds, missing words), items of costume and object relating to characters in the book.
Hiring Talking Boxes or Story Sacks
Collect on a Monday between 12pm and 5pm, and return on a Friday before 5pm.
Closed 1pm to 1.30pm.
To discuss your needs or to make a booking contact Alexandra Walker tel 01962 826725.
Hire charges for Story Sacks
Hampshire County Council schools
- £12.50 for 1 week
- £20 for 2 weeks
- £30 for 3 weeks
Non Hampshire County Council schools and private hire
- £15 for 1 week
- £25 for 2 weeks
- £35 for 3 weeks