Story Sack 2 - Mrs Honey’s Hat
A story sack based on the book Mrs Honey’s Hat by Pam Adams In which Mrs’ Honey finds the decorations on her hat replaced by unusual objects as she visits different places during the week. The story sack useful both during and outside the literacy hour and can be used as a resource for literacy and drama, where pupils could be encouraged to take the roles of different characters and act out their parts for the class.
Key Learning objectives
Speaking and Listening
- To encourage pupils to explore a story using speaking and listening skills.
- Links to En1 for Key Stage 1 and 2 of the National Curriculum framework.
- To enable pupils to engage with language by looking at the construction of words using ending like –ing, -ck, and -ed.
- Links to learning objectives for Literacy in the foundation stage
- Links to En2 for Key Stage 1 and 2 of the National Curriculum framework.
Story Sack contents
Mrs Honey’s Hat contains the book Mrs Honey’s Hat, an audio tape of the story, teachers’ notes and suggestions for guided reading, activities (for example sequencing games, word bingo, word search), the hat and removable decorations which can be used while reading the story.
Hiring Talking Boxes or Story Sacks
Collect on a Monday between 12pm and 5pm, and return on a Friday before 5pm.
Closed 1pm to 1.30pm.
To discuss your needs or to make a booking contact Alexandra Walker tel 01962 826725.
Hire charges for Story Sacks
Hampshire County Council schools
- £12.50 for 1 week
- £20 for 2 weeks
- £30 for 3 weeks
Non Hampshire County Council schools and private hire
- £15 for 1 week
- £25 for 2 weeks
- £35 for 3 weeks