Andover Household Waste Recycling Centre (HWRC)
Walworth Industrial Estate
- 8am-7pm from 1 April to 30 September
- 8am-4pm from 1 October to 28 February
- 8am-5pm from 1 March to 31 March
Recycling centres are open seven days a week all year round, excluding 25 and 26 December and 1 January.
Andover HWRC is located on Scott Close, within the Walworth Industrial Estate.
From the town centre, follow the A3093 Churchill Way eastwards. At the 3rd roundabout, take the 1st exit to Columbus Way, then the next right into Scott Close. The site is on your left.
From the A303 (Andover Bypass), leave at the exit for the A3093 signposted Andover East. At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit to Columbus Way, then the next right into Scott Close. The site is on your left.
Postcode: SP10 5NU
What you can recycle
- Animal waste (domestic animals only)
- Batteries - car batteries
- Batteries - disposable household batteries
- Electrical and electronic items
- Fluorescent tubes
- Garden waste (green waste only)
- Gas bottles (propane and butane only)
- Glass - bottles and jars
- Garden waste
- Hazardous household waste eg. pesticides, white spirit, varnish and antifreeze
- Lightbulbs (low energy type only)
- Metal items
- Newspapers, magazines and cardboard
- Oil - engine oil
- Soil, rubble and DIY waste
- Wood and timber
- Cement bonded asbestos
- Plasterboard (small amounts only)
- Trade/business waste
- Animal waste - only two double-bagged bin liners will be accepted per household per day.
- Hazardous household waste - only five litres will be accepted per household per month.
- Paint - only five litres will be accepted per household per month.
- Soil and rubble - only the the equivalent of a medium-sized car boot full of waste (approximately the contents of six 30 litre bags) will be accepted per household per month.
Cement bonded asbestos (CBA).
Up to 15 sheets, up to size 120cm by 60cm. This is approximately equal to the amount that comes from a standard single garage roof.
CBA must be wrapped in plastic sheeting or small pieces must be double bagged and sealed with tape to avoid the release of asbestos fibres.
Please call the site in advance to confirm that there is adequate space to store it safely, otherwise you may be turned away upon arrival.
No other type of asbestos is accepted.
8am-7pm from 1 April to 30 September
8am-4pm from 1 October to 28 February
8am-5pm from 1 March to 31 March
HWRCs are open seven days a week all year round, excluding 25 and 26 December and 1 January