Basingstoke Household Waste Recycling Centre (HWRC)
- 8am-7pm from 1 April to 30 September
- 8am-4pm from 1 October to 28 February
- 8am-5pm from 1 March to 31 March
Recycling centres are open seven days a week all year round, excluding 25 and 26 December and 1 January.
Approaching from the north, take the A33 towards the Tesco roundabout, then take the second exit into Great Binfields Road. At the traffic lights turn right into Wade Road and follow the road until you come to the site on the right.
Approaching from the south (town centre), follow the A339 before turning right into Gresley Road. At the roundabout take the second exit into Wade Road where the site can be found on the left.
Heading south from Ringway North, come off at the A33 junction – take the second exit into Faraday Road, then turn left at the roundabout into Wade Road where the site can be found on the left.
Postcode: RG24 8PL
What you can recycle
- Animal waste (domestic animals only)
- Batteries - car batteries
- Batteries - disposable household batteries
- Electrical and electronic items
- Fluorescent tubes
- Garden waste (green waste only)
- Gas bottles (propane and butane only)
- Glass - bottles and jars
- Garden waste
- Hazardous household waste eg. pesticides, white spirit, varnish and antifreeze
- Lightbulbs (low energy type only)
- Metal items
- Newspapers, magazines and cardboard
- Oil - engine oil
- Soil, rubble and DIY waste
- Wood and timber
- Plasterboard (small amounts only)
- Cement bonded asbestos (accepted at Andover, Basingstoke, Efford, Netley and Portsmouth)
- Trade/business waste
- Animal waste - only two double-bagged bin liners will be accepted per household per day.
- Hazardous household waste - only five litres will be accepted per household per month.
- Paint - only five litres will be accepted per household per month.
- Soil and rubble - only the the equivalent of a medium-sized car boot full of waste (approximately the contents of six 30 litre bags) will be accepted per household per month.
8am-7pm from 1 April to 30 September
8am-4pm from 1 October to 28 February
8am-5pm from 1 March to 31 March
HWRCs are open seven days a week all year round, excluding 25 and 26 December and 1 January