Bishop's Waltham Household Waste Recycling Centre (HWRC)
- 8am-7pm from 1 April to 30 September
- 8am-4pm from 1 October to 28 February
- 8am-5pm from 1 March to 31 March
Recycling centres are open seven days a week all year round, excluding 25 and 26 December and 1 January.
The site can be approached from the north or south along the B2177 (Winchester Road). The Claylands Road junction is opposite the Priory public house. Turn into the road and continue to the end where the site can be found on the left.
Postcode: SO32 1BH
Notice - roadworks in Claylands Road
Southern Water is undertaking essential pipe repairs in Claylands Road from September 2013. HWRC users should be aware that when approaching the site, they may encounter disruption or lane closures. The work is expected to be completed by mid 2014.
What you can recycle
- Animal waste (domestic animals only)
- Batteries - car batteries
- Batteries - disposable household batteries
- Electrical and electronic items
- Fluorescent tubes
- Garden waste (green waste only)
- Gas bottles (propane and butane only)
- Glass - bottles and jars
- Garden waste
- Lightbulbs (low energy type only)
- Metal items
- Newspapers, magazines and cardboard
- Oil - engine oil
- Soil, rubble and DIY waste
- Wood and timber
- Plasterboard (small amounts only)
- Hazardous household waste - only accepted at 11 specially licensed HWRCs in Hampshire
- Cement bonded asbestos (accepted at Andover, Basingstoke, Efford, Netley and Portsmouth)
- Trade/business waste
- Animal waste - only two double-bagged bin liners will be accepted per household per day.
- Paint - only five litres will be accepted per household per month.
- Soil and rubble - only the the equivalent of a medium-sized car boot full of waste (approximately the contents of six 30 litre bags) will be accepted per household per month.
8am-7pm from 1 April to 30 September
8am-4pm from 1 October to 28 February
8am-5pm from 1 March to 31 March
HWRCs are open seven days a week all year round, excluding 25 and 26 December and 1 January