Efford Household Waste Recycling Centre (HWRC)
- 8am-4.30pm from 1 March to 30 September
- 8am-4pm from 1 October to 28 February
Recycling centres are open seven days a week all year round, excluding 25 and 26 December and 1 January.
- 01590 672891
Heading West on the A337 (Milford Road) from Lymington. After the parade of shops take the turning on the left signed “New Milton Sand and Ballast”.
Heading East on the A337 (Milford Road) from New Milton pass through Everton and take the turning on the right signed “New Milton Sand and Ballast”.
Postcode: SO41 8EZ
What you can recycle
- Animal waste (domestic animals only)
- Batteries - car batteries
- Batteries - disposable household batteries
- Electrical and electronic items
- Fluorescent tubes
- Garden waste (green waste only)
- Gas bottles (propane and butane only)
- Glass - bottles and jars
- Garden waste
- Lightbulbs (low energy type only)
- Metal items
- Newspapers, magazines and cardboard
- Oil - engine oil
- Soil, rubble and DIY waste
- Wood and timber
- Cement bonded asbestos (accepted at Andover, Efford, Netley and Portsmouth)
- Plasterboard (small amounts only)
- Hazardous household waste - only accepted at 11 specially licensed sites in Hampshire
- Trade/business waste
- Animal waste - only two double-bagged bin liners will be accepted per household per day.
- Paint - only five litres will be accepted per household per month.
- Soil and rubble - only the the equivalent of a medium-sized car boot full of waste (approximately the contents of six 30 litre bags) will be accepted per household per month.
Cement bonded asbestos (CBA).
Up to 15 sheets, up to size 120cm by 60cm. This is approximately equal to the amount that comes from a standard single garage roof.
CBA must be wrapped in plastic sheeting or small pieces must be double bagged and sealed with tape to avoid the release of asbestos fibres.
Please call the site in advance to confirm that there is adequate space to store it safely, otherwise you may be turned away upon arrival.
No other type of asbestos is accepted.
8am-4pm - 1 October to 28/29 February
8am-4.30pm - 1 March to 30 September
HWRCs are open seven days a week all year round, excluding 25 and 26 December and 1 January