Farnborough Household Waste Recycling Centre (HWRC)
- 8am-7pm from 1 April to 30 September
- 8am-4pm from 1 October to 28 February
- 8am-5pm from 1 March to 31 March
Recycling centres are open seven days a week all year round, excluding 25 and 26 December and 1 January.
- 01252 541277
Important announcement - Farnborough HWRC closed to the public, 22 - 23 March 2014
Please note Eelmoor Road will be closed to all traffic over the weekend of 22 - 23 March 2014 for essential road repairs.
Owing to this, Farnborough HWRC will be closed to the public all weekend. The site will close at 5pm on Friday 21 March, and will not reopen again until 8am on Monday 24 March.
We apologise for any inconvenience that this temporary closure may cause, however please note the following alternative HWRCs will be open as normal:
- Aldershot HWRC - Ivy Road, North Lane, GU12 4TX
- Hartley Wintney HWRC - Springwell Lane, RG27 8BW
- Basingstoke HWRC - Wade Road, RG24 8PL.
HWRC users should also be aware that roadworks in the surrounding area, including Arrow Road, may cause them to experience disruption and/or be subject to diversions between 12 - 18 March inclusive. The HWRC will remain open during this time however.
From the town centre, head west along Meudon Avenue (A327). Head straight across the first roundabout and at the Farnborough business centre roundabout, turn right into Arrow Road and take the first right into Eelmoor Road. Follow the road to the end where you will find the site on the right.
Approaching from the north and west, follow the A327 past Southwood golf course. At the roundabout with the statue of an aeroplane take the first exit onto Elles Road. Continue to the next roundabout and take the first exit into Arrow Road. Turn right into Eelmoor Road. Follow the road to the end where you will find the site on the right.
Postcode: GU14 7QN
What you can recycle
- Animal waste (domestic animals only)
- Batteries - car batteries
- Batteries - disposable household batteries
- Electrical and electronic items
- Fluorescent tubes
- Garden waste (green waste only)
- Gas bottles (propane and butane only)
- Glass - bottles and jars
- Garden waste
- Hazardous household waste eg. pesticides, white spirit, varnish and antifreeze
- Lightbulbs (low energy type only)
- Metal items
- Newspapers, magazines and cardboard
- Oil - engine oil
- Soil, rubble and DIY waste
- Wood and timber
- Plasterboard (small amounts only)
- Cement bonded asbestos (accepted at Andover, Basingstoke, Efford, Netley and Portsmouth)
- Trade/business waste
- Animal waste - only two double-bagged bin liners will be accepted per household per day.
- Hazardous household waste - only five litres will be accepted per household per month.
- Paint - only five litres will be accepted per household per month.
- Soil and rubble - only the the equivalent of a medium-sized car boot full of waste (approximately the contents of six 30 litre bags) will be accepted per household per month.
8am-7pm from 1 April to 30 September
8am-4pm from 1 October to 28 February
8am-5pm from 1 March to 31 March
HWRCs are open seven days a week all year round, excluding 25 and 26 December and 1 January