Havant Household Waste Recycling Centre (HWRC)
Harts Farm Way
- 9am to 6pm: 1 April 2015 to 30 September 2015
- 9am to 4pm: 1 October 2015 to 28 February 2016
- 9am to 5pm: 1 March 2016 to 31 March 2016
Recycling centres are open seven days a week all year round, excluding 25 and 26 December and 1 January.
- 02392 472683
Approaching from the town centre, follow Solent Road to a large roundabout. Take the first exit and continue over the bridge that crosses the Havant bypass to another (mini) roundabout and take the third exit into Harts Farm Way. The site is located on the right after approx 300 yards. During busy periods, site users are advised to continue along Harts Farm Way to the junction with the A3(M) and then come back on yourself to approach the site on the left. This will help to reduce congestion.
Approaching from Bedhampton & the A3(M)/A27 interchange, cross the A27 into Harts Farm Way, signposted 'Industrial Estate'. Continue for approximately half a mile and the site is located on the left hand side.
Postcode: PO9 1HS
What you can recycle
- Animal waste (domestic animals only)
- Batteries: car batteries
- Batteries: disposable household batteries
- Electrical and electronic items
- Fluorescent tubes
- Garden waste (green waste only)
- Gas bottles (propane and butane only)
- Glass bottles and jars
- Garden waste
- Lightbulbs (low energy type only)
- Metal items
- Newspapers, magazines and cardboard
- Oil: engine oil
- Soil, rubble and DIY waste
- Wood and timber
- Plasterboard (small amounts only)
- Hazardous household waste: only accepted at 11 specially licensed HWRCs in Hampshire
- Cement bonded asbestos (accepted at Andover, Basingstoke, Efford, Netley and Portsmouth)
- Trade/business waste
- Animal waste: only two double-bagged bin liners will be accepted per household per day.
- Paint: only five litres will be accepted per household per month.
- Soil and rubble: only the the equivalent of a medium-sized car boot full of waste (approximately the contents of six 30 litre bags) will be accepted per household per month.