Hayling Island Household Waste Recycling Centre (HWRC)
- 9am-6pm from 1 April to 30 September
- 9am-4pm from 1 October to 28 February
- 9am-5pm from 1 March to 31 March
Recycling centres are open seven days a week all year round, excluding 25 and 26 December and 1 January.
The site is located at East Stoke. Head along Rails Lane and turn off along Fishery Lane. Continue along the road where you will find the site on the right.
Postcode: PO11 9NR
What you can recycle
- Animal waste (domestic animals only)
- Batteries - car batteries
- Batteries - disposable household batteries
- Electrical and electronic items
- Fluorescent tubes
- Garden waste (green waste only)
- Gas bottles (propane and butane only)
- Glass - bottles and jars
- Garden waste
- Lightbulbs (low energy type only)
- Metal items
- Newspapers, magazines and cardboard
- Oil - engine oil
- Soil, rubble and DIY waste
- Wood and timber
- Plasterboard (small amounts only)
Hazardous household waste - only accepted at
11 specially licensed HWRCsin Hampshire
- Cement bonded asbestos (accepted at Andover, Basingstoke, Efford, Netley and Portsmouth)
- Trade/business waste
- Animal waste - only two double-bagged bin liners will be accepted per household per day.
- Paint - only five litres will be accepted per household per month.
- Soil and rubble - only the the equivalent of a medium-sized car boot full of waste (approximately the contents of six 30 litre bags) will be accepted per household per month.
9am-6pm from 1 April to 30 September
9am-4pm from 1 October to 28 February
9am-5pm from 1 March to 31 March
HWRCs are open seven days a week all year round, excluding 25 and 26 December and 1 January