Marchwood Household Waste Recycling Centre (HWRC)
- 8am-7pm from 1 April to 30 September
- 8am-4pm from 1 October to 28 February
- 8am-5pm from 1 March to 31 March
Recycling centres are open seven days a week all year round, excluding 25 and 26 December and 1 January.
- 02380 666376
Approaching from the north along the A326 (Marchwood Bypass) turn left at the traffic lights into Jacobs Gutter Lane. Head south along Bury Road (the old A road) towards Marchwood. At the roundabout take the first exit and then the first turning left into Normandy Way.
Approaching from the Waterside, head north on the A326 (Marchwood Bypass). At the Dibden roundabout turn right onto Main Road. Take the first left again to follow Main Road towards Marchwood. Continue through the village, follow Main Road onto Normandy Way, the HWRC is on the right hand side of the road.
Postcode: SO40 4UD
What you can recycle
- Animal waste (domestic animals only)
- Batteries - car batteries
- Batteries - disposable household batteries
- Electrical and electronic items
- Fluorescent tubes
- Garden waste (green waste only)
- Gas bottles (propane and butane only)
- Glass - bottles and jars
- Garden waste
- Hazardous household waste eg. pesticides, white spirit, varnish and antifreeze
- Lightbulbs (low energy type only)
- Metal items
- Newspapers, magazines and cardboard
- Oil - engine oil
- Soil, rubble and DIY waste
- Wood and timber
- Plasterboard (small amounts only)
- Cement bonded asbestos (accepted at Andover, Basingstoke, Efford, Netley and Portsmouth)
- Trade/business waste
- Animal waste - only two double-bagged bin liners will be accepted per household per day.
- Hazardous household waste - only five litres will be accepted per household per month.
- Paint - only five litres will be accepted per household per month.
- Soil and rubble - only the the equivalent of a medium-sized car boot full of waste (approximately the contents of six 30 litre bags) will be accepted per household per month.
8am-7pm from 1 April to 30 September
8am-4pm from 1 October to 28 February
8am-5pm from 1 March to 31 March
HWRCs are open seven days a week all year round, excluding 25 and 26 December and 1 January